Your just lucky
when it comes to meet Drew Melton form Los Angeles, California. His favourite quote is from Chuck Close and says:”Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work.”
These words resonate with the method and ideas that Drew has taken on as a designer from day one. His passion for art and design started young and grew with him as he went from boyhood into the bustling world of adult life. He currently resides in Los Angeles with his beautiful wife and stacks of books, working as a letterer, graphic designer, and occasional illustrator.
Someone left their dogs outside the cafe
Photoset reblogged from with 5,427 notes
This humble blog began some months ago, until this date we have posted 9 wonderful books about lettering, typography and calligraphy. In case you forget the gift for your graphic designer geeky friend here is a recap of all the books featured here, a perfect gift for the typophile or the amateur designer avid of know more about this beautiful discipline (click on the name of every one to see more details):
- The Geometry of Type by Stephen Coles.
- Thinking With Type by Ellen Lupton.
- New Ornamental Type: Decorative Lettering in the Digital Age.
- Little Book Of Lettering by Emily Gregory.
- Helvetica and the New York City Subways System: The True (Maybe) Story.
- Type Matters! by Jim Williams.
- Hand to Type: Scripts, Hand-Lettering and Calligraphy by R. Klanten.
- Calligraffiti: The Graphic Art of Neils Shoe Meulman
- Scripts: Elegant Lettering from Design’s Golden Age
In case you want a light review of this books you can visit typographybooks.tumblr.com and see more details.
Photo reblogged from with 45,536 notes
She be ready for the D like…
Anonymous asked: Give me some real good advice for a first date?
Ask them if they like Bob’s Burgers and if they say no just walk away without another word.
Page 1 of 750